Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Soup time

Sometimes I go quite a while without posting.
You see it's because I'm doing all those mundane, normal house stuff that keeps the family fed and clothed. And really, who wants to hear about that.
Like today for instance. I cleaned and tidied etc and I made a yummy vege soup.
So, here is the base I use and then you just chuck in any other vegetables that are going slightly limp/brown.
BASE
x2 large cans (800gm) tomatoes
8 litres water
6 stock cubes or (6 tsp stock powder)
1 onion, diced
ADDED
3 carrots, diced
1/2 a celery, diced
season as desired
Then simmer away for at least an hour, till everything is
soft. Then I blend it with a hand wand.That's it.
Now this does make heaps, so I like to freeze this for lunches during the week.

1 comment:

Dev said...

Yum, it's winter here and this has me in the mood to use my new jizzer blender that we bought on the weekend, thanks!